Practical tools to design facilitation approaches with your client – 2 days or 4 x2-2.5 hour session online
“The Client Conversation and the Triangles were outstanding. I got confidence in how to deal with my clients. I had not expected that this course would boost me up to be more open to the customers and speak with them more freely, but it did. The methods and processes will not only be helpful in my regular work, but also in solving my family, community and society problems.”
Who this course is for
This course is for facilitators and consultants who want to work with a client to develop complex or long term interventions; for managers, supervisors and staff who must enhance a group’s potential to create generate solutions to long term situations; and for leaders who need to design participatory processes with groups. The course has no pre-requisite, but prior experience of facilitation is recommended.
Preparing for CPF certification? Meetings That Work, Group Facilitation Methods and Facilitating Client Collaboration together comprise the ICA Associates ToP Facilitation Essentials Program that has been endorsed by the International Association of Facilitators for those preparing to become an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF).
Questions this course answers
“How can I work collaboratively with my client to assess the situtation and needs of a group or organisation, design a process response including multiple sessions all the way through to evaluation, and contract together for our respective roles and responsibilities?”
This 2 day course shows how to collaborate with a client about all their needs, co-discover their big challenges, co-manage a robust facilitation intervention, contract with the client and evaluate the results. Packed with tools, templates and sophisticated assessment methods, Facilitating Client Collaboration will prepare you to launch your facilitation practice.
Create collaborative client relationships:
- Develop working partnerships
- Manage multi-session events effectively
Evoke group creativity:
- Assess the organizational environment and client needs.
- Determine client challenges and solutions.
- Use innovation approaches that fit the abilities of the group.
Best practices for working together:
- Develop consensus on tasks, deliverables and roles
- Model professional boundaries
- Templates from contracting to evaluation
Facilitating Client Collaboration uses real case studies from master practitioners to prepare you for your facilitation profession.
What you will gain
Learn important methods for all forms of planning:
- Client calls and conversations
- Participatory client assessment – helping clients understand long range needs from a comprehensive screen.
- Social Process tool – uncover client challenges and imbalances in their work
- Templates – co-management, contracting, evaluation.
Each session includes:
- Demonstration of participatory processes.
- Exploration of how the process can be applied.
- Examples from real experience that reveal practices that lead to success.
- Variations for different situations.
I am pleased to offer this course online in partnership with ICA Associates, Canada.