Frameworks and tools for facilitating ‘whole systems’ change – 2 days, or 6 x2 hour sessions online
Who this course is for
This course is suitable for all those looking for ways to leverage profound and lasting change throughout organisations, partnerships or communities – including leaders, managers and change agents within the ‘system’ itself, and those external consultants and facilitators who work with them.
This course has no pre-requisite. Those who have attended Group Facilitation Methods will expand and deepen their understanding of the ToP approach, and others will gain insight into the foundations of the approach.
Questions this course answers
“How can I know where to start in introducing change to a complex social system like an organisation, so that it will take root, and hold? How can I engage stakeholders effectively in the process, in such a way as to generate creativity and innovation, build ownership and commitment, and ensure results? How can I help us all to take the most comprehensive and long-term, strategic view, so that our efforts make the difference that we are seeking?”
What you will gain
This course will enable you to:
- understand complex social and organisational dynamics
- see systems and change processes more clearly
- discover leverage points for change
- recognise alignment and dissonance in values
- explore the vision and reveal hidden assumptions
- plot a journey through “phases” of development
- understand the wider context of otherwise intractable obstacles
- focus a group’s energy for the most powerful impact
- develop strategies for effective change management
The course introduces two powerful models for understanding, and so changing, organisations and other social systems.
The Organisational Journey map explores the intentional evolution of an organisation or other system from one “phase” to another.
The course presents both theory and tools in a practical and participatory way, using a combination of short interactive presentations with real-life examples, and small group exercises with facilitated group reflection and discussion. Participants will have the opportunity to apply the tools to real-life scenarios of their own. Course materials will be provided in a comprehensive course workbook.
What do participants say about this course?
77% of OT participants rated this course 7/10 or higher. Comments from participants’ end-of-course evaluations included:
- I saw an immediate use of the tool and hope to use it soon
- I have enriched my tool box and received a useful model for analysing organizations
I am pleased to offer this course online in partnership with ICA Associates, Canada.