Thank you to everyone who participated in my session at today’s first meetup of IAF Spain, in Barcelona for International Facilitation Week – Conectando Facilitadores y promoviendo entornos colaborativos.
In the session, I demonstrated a participatory approach for a group to review the past, to prepare for the future, by applying the ToP (Technology of Participation) Historical Scan method to to reflect and learn together from our diverse experience and perspectives on facilitating a culture of participation in organisations in Spain. I also shared some insights into the theory behind the method, and examples of the method in action.
Here I am sharing links to some resources and case studies that I mentioned during the session, and some that I didn’t, plus (below) some some tweets from the session.
ToP Historical Scan method
- #IAFSpain #FacWeek session slides – pdf
- ToP Historical Scan (‘Wall of Wonder’) overview – IAF Europe Method of the Month, May 2007 (pdf)
- The Art of Focused Conversation – book (English & Spanish editions)
- Four steps to a universal principle of facilitation and learning – blog post
- Is there a single, universal principle of facilitation? – free facilitation webinar
Examples of the method in action
- Adapt • Invent • Evolve: reviewing the past to prepare for the future at the IABC EMENA 2017 conference in London, #EuroComm17 – blog post
- Celebrating 20 years with the European Training Foundation in Turin – #ETF20 – case study
- Transformational Strategy: from trepidation to ‘unlocked’ with IDMC in Geneva – case study
- Staff Away Day with George House Trust in Manchester – case study
- Clinical Leadership Evaluation and Development with Manchester Primary Care Trust – case study
ToP facilitation training & sticky walls
- Join me for ToP facilitation training in Brussels & London (2020 dates to be scheduled soon) – blog
- Join ICA Spain or other ICAs worldwide for ToP facilitation training near you
- Sticky walls are available from ICA:UK, ICA Spain and other ICAs.
— IAF Spain (@IafSpain) October 11, 2019
— Susana Grau Rahola (@SusGrau) October 11, 2019
— IAF Spain (@IafSpain) October 9, 2019
See also about me, how I work, who I work with and recommendations & case studies, and please contact me about how we might work together. Please do not delay before contacting me – the earlier I hear from you, the more chance that I will be able to help and the more helpful I may be able to be.