Are you interested to connect and learn with other facilitators, but haven’t yet taken the plunge to attend a meetup? It has never been easier to find a meetup near you, or to schedule another where you are – why not join us?
IAF England & Wales now has scheduled free monthly networking & social meetups and quarterly or bi-monthly networking & learning meetups in all four of our ‘IAF facilitators & friends’ regional meetup groups around the country – a fourth group for the Midlands & East of England was just launched this month. Everyone with an interest in group process facilitation is welcome, IAF members and non-members alike.
Our informal leadership team of 8 are ourselves spread around the country, and we are keen to support you to use the meetup groups to convene additional meetups wherever & whenever suits you, according to your own interests and availability. We are particularly keen to support emerging local groups in the North East, North West, East Midlands, the South coast and Devon/Cornwall – please contact us to connect first with others near you, or go ahead and suggest a new meetup in your own regional group.
Still not sure it’ll be worth your time? We asked some of our regulars what they have appreciated most about the meetups and why others should be interested – here are just a few of their replies:
- “Meeting diverse practitioners of facilitation – and learning together” – Michael Ambjorn
- “Expanding my thinking AND facilitation practice through peers generously sharing their ideas” – Andi Roberts CPF
- “A great way to build your faciliation skills whilst networking with like-minded sorts”– Neil Fogarty
- “A wonderful opportunity to learn from each other, to share experiences and to practice new ways of facilitation in a friendly and fun environment” – Pinar Akkaya
- “It’s great to feel a sense of belonging to a community with shared values and common goals. This has all sorts of benefits to me as an individual (now a CPF) and my business.” – Sean Blair CPF
- “Setting out as a facilitator on my own was a scary decision but I have met so many great people through the meet ups. Its a really wonderful community to be a part of!” – Camilla Gordon
- 20 March in London – bi-monthly afternoon networking & learning including last year’s Brexit Assembly and GDPR for facilitators
- 3 April in Leeds – monthly lunchtime social
- 4 April in London – monthly morning coffee
- 6 April in Birmingham – monthly morning coffee
- 12 April in Bristol – quarterly afternoon networking & learning including IAF facilitator competencies & CPF assessment, applying Consensus Workshop in Dublin, the Rhizome Live online platform & secrets of simple graphics
- 16 April in London – bi-monthly evening networking & social plus this time (tbc) business psychology in facilitation
- 9 May in Bristol – monthly morning coffee
- 15 May in London – bi-monthly afternoon networking & learning including Bohm Dialogue & graphic recording
- 22 May in Birmingham – quarterly afternoon networking & learning
- 22 June in Leeds – quarterly afternoon networking & learning
We look forward to connecting and learning with you!
See also about me, how I work, who I work with and recommendations & case studies, and please contact me about how we might work together. Please do not delay before contacting me – the earlier I hear from you, the more chance that I will be able to help and the more helpful I may be able to be.