Happy Facilitation Week 2021, starting today!
Facilitation Week is a participatory experience that inspires synergy and celebrates the act of group facilitation. Held in the third week of October each year, it’s purpose is to showcase the power of facilitation to both new and existing audiences, and to create a sense of community among facilitators and their groups worldwide. To join in as a participant, facilitator or sponsor, see facilitationweek.org.
The mission of our #FacPower book project too is to promote the power of facilitation worldwide. So, what better opportunity could there be for us to share a brief update on how we have been working to do just that, and how you can get involved?
The #FacPower story so far…
- our journey began in 2018, when a global team of IAF Certified Professional Facilitators (CPFs), members and others first came together with a vision to contribute chapters and visuals to a book illustrating specific aspects of ‘the power of facilitation’
- we shared some of our experience along the way in Four authors share reflections for Facilitation Week, Powerfully Resilient Virtual Teams – Lessons from Global IAF Leaders and Scaling up engagement and dialogue
- we launched the book in May 2021 as a free PDF download
- since then we have published all the chapters as blog posts as well, one every two weeks, accompanied by posts to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn – see also contents and social
- our contributors have shared their stories in a series of online sessions hosted by IAF Europe MENA, the IAF England & Wales Facilitation Stories podcast, the IAF Global Webinar series and last week’s global Facilitation Summit – follow the links for session recordings
- the book has been downloaded more than 6,000 times by more than 9,000 website visitors in more than 100 countries, and more than US$1,250 has been donated to the IAF Bursary Fund – we are especially grateful to our generous donors
- we are excited to have had expressions of interest from colleagues keen to work on translation of the book into languages including Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Turkish, and to develop new editions including print-on-demand, an audio-book and a podcast series.
How you can get involved
- download and read the whole book, or whichever chapters interest you most
- rate the book on Goodreads, and add a brief review there – that will help many other readers to find it
- share your reflections and questions on your own website, blog or social media with the #FacPower hashtag and a link to facpower.org, and mention or tag the relevant contributors – let’s deepen and broaden the conversation together
- if you have your own blog, podcast or other publication, contact us to arrange an interview or online session with one or more of our contributors
- contact us if you are interested to translate of all or some of the book into your own language – see our translation page for what support we are ready to offer and what we will expect from you
- contact us if you are interested to share your skills to help us to develop new editions including print-on-demand, an audio-book and a podcast series
- follow, like, connect and engage with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & YouTube
- refer to our media kit and Creative Commons license for the resources you need to otherwise help to get the word out, or to use excerpts from the book
- last but not least, please donate generously to the International Association of Facilitators Bursary Fund, to support IAF too to promote the power of facilitation worldwide.
See also about me, how I work, who I work with and recommendations & case studies, and please contact me about how we might work together.