“How can we have more purposeful & productive conversations, develop creative solutions and build group consensus?”
These are among the questions addressed by Group Facilitation Methods, the most popular course of ICA’s Technology of Participation ‘ToP’ facilitation training.
Are you looking for facilitation training or learning opportunities?
Read on for what recent participants have to say about their experience of ToP training, and check out my online and in-person ToP facilitation training courses, free facilitation coaching and occasional free facilitation webinars.
For public training courses, please register with ICA:UK or another ICA worldwide. To arrange in-house training for your group, please contact me.
Participants on my most recent ToP training in October last year rated the course on average 4.8 out 5, and shared comments including:
- A very interesting course, very practical and applicable in a range of contexts – there was also a useful reference book which I can continue to refer to for a refresher as needed
- Martin is a very good trainer, with a feel for pace and content based on the group he is dealing with. The training was relevant and well delivered.
- Very relevant content, excellent delivery. Pace was good. Trainer was very good
- The training focused on practical facilitation frameworks and skills and how to apply these in real situations – I found this a good way to learn
- Martin was a brilliant trainer, gave practical tips, was very engaging: I learned a lot
- The event was well paced and very informative – it gave me confidence that I could facilitate an event – success!
- Excellent delivery by the trainer – I learnt from his facilitation skills
- I found the content really useful and the delivery was excellent
- The pace, content, relevance and delivery were all excellent
That was in-person Focused Conversation training, comprising day one of the 2-day Group Facilitation Methods course – both available also online.
On an earlier 2.5-hour Introduction to Facilitation Online session, Louise Reeve, Policy and Communications Business Partner at Newcastle City Council, wrote:
“Some training to recommend from Martin Gilbraith! I attended his Introduction to Facilitation Online course. Whatever your experience level, you should find something in this training which can make your online sessions just that bit better and more enjoyable”
See also about me, how I work, who I work with and recommendations & case studies, and please contact me about how we might work together.